March Recipie: Hot Spiced Fruit Salad
This recipe serves 8 but the types and volume of fruit and can be to altered to ones taste. Healthy but warming on a cold day.
- 1 orange – rind thinly pared in one long spiral if possible
- ¼ litre of fresh orange juice (I juice fresh oranges for this)
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 8 cardamom pods, crushed
- 5cm piece of a cinnamon stick
- 125gm soft light brown sugar (I use less)
- 1 mango – peeled, stoned and cut into slices
- 1 papaya – cut in half, seeds and skin removed and cut into thin slices
- ½ pineapple – skin and core removed and flesh sliced into thin slices
- 2 large peaches – blanch for 30 seconds, peel, stone and cut into 8 sections
- 2 plums – stone and cut into quarters
- 2 kiwi fruits – peel and sliced
Put orange rind, orange juice, ginger, cardamom, cinnamon and brown sugar into a large bowl. Stir thoroughly and then microwave the mixture on high for 4 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes.
Add the mango, papaya, and pineapple slices to the orange mixture and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
Add the peaches, plums, and kiwi fruit and microwave for a further 3 to 4 minutes, stirring twice, until the fruits are heated through but not overcooked.
Serve hot with cream or crème fresh… enjoy!!
The Tidy Cook
Posts in this Series
- January Recipe: Granny’s Ginger Nuts
- Recipe for December: Cashew Nutters
- Recipie of the Month: Cream of Roasted Mushroom Soup
- October Recipe: Venison and Beef with Port and Apricots
- August Recipe: Low Roast Tomatoes, Goat’s Cheese and Mint Salad
- July Recipie: Perfect Spanakopita
- June Recipie: Quick Calamari with Garlic Mayonnaise
- May Recipie: Double Haddock and Herb Fish Cakes
- April Recipie: Pot Chickpea Sweet Potato Spinach Curry (Vegan/gluten free)
- March Recipie: Hot Spiced Fruit Salad