Recipe for December: Cashew Nutters
Great for a nibble with celebration drinks with neighbours and friends over Christmas and the New Year. These are so easy and so much cheaper than buying them.
- 100g soft margarine (or whatever cooking spread is your preference)
- 50g semolina
- 85g self-raising flour
- 75g well flavoured Cheddar cheese
- ½ level teaspoon dry mustard
- Freshly ground pepper
- Cashew nuts for topping
- Heat oven to 180C Gas 4.
- Measure all ingredients except the nuts into a large bowl and work until thoroughly blended, this can be done in a food processor.
- Take a large piping bag fitted with a 1.25cm plain icing nozzle. Pipe about 40 small blobs onto the baking sheet and press a cashew nut in the centre of each.
- Bake in the oven for 15 – 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack.
Happy Christmas and New Year to all
The Tidy Cook
Posts in this Series
- January Recipe: Granny’s Ginger Nuts
- Recipe for December: Cashew Nutters
- Recipie of the Month: Cream of Roasted Mushroom Soup
- October Recipe: Venison and Beef with Port and Apricots
- August Recipe: Low Roast Tomatoes, Goat’s Cheese and Mint Salad
- July Recipie: Perfect Spanakopita
- June Recipie: Quick Calamari with Garlic Mayonnaise
- May Recipie: Double Haddock and Herb Fish Cakes
- April Recipie: Pot Chickpea Sweet Potato Spinach Curry (Vegan/gluten free)
- March Recipie: Hot Spiced Fruit Salad